WHAT IS IMPORTANT TO KNOW ABOUT HOW WE WORK
We know it can be difficult to understand how each of the independent private hospitals works. Each private hospital is unique and implements practices and ethical standards a little differently. These standards may differ between each Hospital.
As the Pietermaritzburg Eye Hospital, we’d like to reassure you that the quality of care and your safety are our priority throughout your journey. Our patient-centric facility is committed to eye health. We provide extensive treatment through a team of independent Doctors (which includes our five Directors and other external Ophthalmologists), who are supported by the Hospital’s experienced nursing and management teams.
Registered as a Day Hospital, we protect you by:
- Being awarded consistently 3.95/4 stars in the patient surveys undertaken (where each patient has an opportunity to rate their experience of the quality of both our care and treatment).
- Achieving a clear accreditation audit and inspection encompassing the standards for patient safety and quality assurance set by the National Department Of Health Private Licensing Division.
- Practising within guidelines and models agreed with Medical Aid Schemes
- Being fully compliant with regulations and legislation pertaining to clinical aspects of care – HPSCA (Health Practitioners Council of South Africa), SANC (South African Nursing Council), SAHPRA (South African Health Products Regulatory Authority), and Pharmacy Council.
- Working within a formal corporate governance structure, including financial and ethical standards, with external consultants auditing the processes and outcomes.
If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact our Hospital Manager, Allison Deysel, directly.