OTCN003 – Operating Theatre Scrub Sister
This independent day hospital is recruiting for an Operating Theatre Scrub Sister as a member of the patient-centric nursing clinical care team
The Scrub Sister will deliver safe, comprehensive and quality peri-operative nursing care according to Scope of Practice, relevant legislation, and scientific nursing process.
- Deliver efficient and effective nursing care through collaboration with a multi-disciplinary team
- Identify, prevent and manage risks to ensure patient safety
- Facilitate a positive patient experience by creating a conducive atmosphere
- Provide accurate and comprehensive records of all nursing interventions
- Create a learning environment that builds staff competence
- Develop leadership-based relationships to create a sense of well-being in the workplace
- Business sustainability through administrative and billings processes
- Management of surgical equipment, instruments, and environment
- Oversight of infection prevention and control (IPC) principles and protocols
- Patient safety and clinical risk management
- Degree/Diploma in Nursing (General and/or Midwifery)
- Valid SANC membership at the time of application
- At least 2 years of working experience in a Theatre environment is essential, with private hospital exposure
- An additional qualification in Operating Theatre Nursing Science will be advantageous
- A good understanding and application of the nursing scope of practice
- Knowledge of clinical procedures, relevant nursing legislation, the scientific nursing process
- Sound knowledge and application of relevant Theatre and CSSD policies and procedures
Please send your CV to email@example.com before 16h00 on 19 May 2023. Please refer to the position number in the subject of the email.
Applicants invited for an interview will be notified within 7 days of the closure date. Correspondence will be limited to these candidates.
We have been made aware that there are individuals in the Durban and KZN Midlands who are exploiting those who are looking for employment at medical facilities by promising them a position should they make a payment directly to that individual’s bank account. Some are even making use of the facilities’ logos, or the names of employees and leadership, to add authenticity to the claim that they represent these facilities.
We would like to be clear that we do not charge a fee for applications for employment at the Hospital. We pride ourselves that our recruitment process is both transparent and fair, and, in line with the Department of Labour guidelines. Our process is as follows: